lv en
The Blue Guard hall

Area: 91 m2

Capacity: Seated banquets 40 guests, Stand banquets 65 guests

In 1720, merchant journeymen founded a new cavalrymen’s company, which was named the Blue Landlord Company or the Blue Guard due to the light blue, silver adorned uniforms. The Guards mainly participated in processions welcoming and escorting nobles, however, after Napoleon’s invasion of Russia they regained their military importance. During the 1880s, the guards of Riga were disbanded.

The Blue Guard room was restored in 2020, and its interior has been fashioned in the Rococo art style to honour the Blue Guard. This style was very popular in Europe in the 18th century, especially in France.

You will be able to relax by taking a seat on the furniture made in the second half of the 19th century and restored in modern times.

Great view of the Town Hall Square
Rokoko interior
Tasteful room without the need for other decorations
 A perfect location — in the Riga Old Town next to the Town Hall Square.

In close proximity to hotels and the most popular tourist attractions.

Parking for event organizers and deliveries

Convenient access with public transport and by car


A place for beautiful life events

 

For event planners