Visit with school class!
We invite You to visit the pearl of Riga – the magnificent Black Heads House!
Discover the royal radiate lights of chandeliers in the Black heads House festive halls. Explore the Black Heads House brotherhood history in the cellar of 14th century, and enjoy one of the biggest private collection of silver.
The Black Heads House was built in 1334. as elite central meeting place for merchant gatherings and representative celebrations. It is one of the most splendid buildings in Riga, that holds the unique heritage of legendary Black Heads Brotherhood.
House and exposition visit will be interesting not only for the elder class students, but also for the smaller visitors. During the visit students will feel themselves as medieval merchants in the oldest part of building – historical cellar. The adventure will continue in historical cabinets, which served as Presidents office for four years, but today is a home for luxurious and high-value silver ware.
Visiting The Black Heads House will end in the splendid Celebration hall where the class will have the oportunity to have a class photo that will be complemented by portrets of foreign kings and queens.
Visiting The Black Heads House includes:
- Guided tour with guide dressed in historical and festive costume
- Language choise (LV, RU, ENG, DE)
- Black Heads member coin carving
- Trying on medieval armour
- Insights of Riga and Black Heads house history of period 13.-21.century
- Exsiting journey lasting for one hour
Costs and applying for the tour:
- Student groups more than 10 persons ticket price is 2.00 EUR/pers.
- Guided tour LV, RU, ENG, DE 15.00 EUR/h per group
- Group companion FREE ENTRY (1 companion per 10 persons)
For making the reservations call +371 67043678 or write to e-email pasakumucentri[at]riga.lv!